Kindred Spirit Graduate Circle 2018
with Lynn, held on Thursday, September 13, through Sunday, September 16, 2018
The Fine Art of Mastery – Reinventing Yourself,
Loving Yourself and The Soul of Power
“A person of power attains their goals and remains whole as a person. To truly have power you must first love yourself enough to stay in your own center of truth.”
Dear Kindred Spirit,
Below is the information on our Kindred Spirits Graduate Circle 2018 with Lynn, held on Thursday, September 13, through Sunday, September 16, 2018. We will gather at The Franciscan Renewal Center in Scottsdale AZ this year. Please read the information below carefully! A wonderful new adventure awaits us.
This year we are learning about the The Fine Art of Mastery – Reinventing Yourself, Loving Yourself and The Soul of Power.
Our Basic Schedule:
- September 13th Thursday: Arrive at Phoenix Airport in time arrive at The Renewal Center by 12 noon to register. You may check into your room at the Center any time after 10:00 am.
- 12:00 noon – Check-in and, receive Event Packet in Father Owens Room
- 1:30 – 9:30pm Event begins with Opening Prayer, Introduction from Lynn; spend day working with Lodges, meditations with Lynn, Kindred Spirit Initiation and Naming Ceremony
- September 14th, Friday, 10:00am – 9:30pm: Self Manifestation Wheels Working with Lynn, Lodges meet, and preparing for Ordination in the evening.
- September 15th, Saturday, 10:00am – 9:30pm: Working with Lynn, meditations, meeting with Lodges, Sacred Crystal Fire in the evening.
- September 16th, Sunday, 10:00am – Noon: Working with Lynn, Blessing of Sacred Tasks, closing Altars. Leaving after Lunch which is from 12:00 noon – 1:00 PM
- Important to note: Please leave your room keys at Front Desk no later than 12:00 noon Sunday morning to avoid a $75.00 fee.
- You may also arrive on Wednesday afternoon and stay overnight at the Franciscan Renewal Center for an easy start on Thursday.
- Breakfast and lunch are included on departure day.
You will need to arrange your own transportation from the airport to the hotel. There are shuttle services available from the Phoenix airport to The Franciscan Renewal Center , 5802 East Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale, AZ 85253.
- Roadrunner Shuttle provides quality airport shuttle ground transportation service to and from Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX) every day, 24/7/365 days a year. Upon arrival, after you claim your luggage you may check in on your Roadrunner Shuttle mobile application or contact Roadrunner Shuttle at 800-247-7919 and press (2) to check in with the dispatcher. The dispatcher will greet you over the phone and ask you to proceed to the outer island blue sign marked “Pre-reserved Pick-up.” Once the dispatcher confirms you have your luggage and you are on your way to the blue sign marked “Pre-reserved Pick-up,” the dispatcher will then assign you a vehicle number to look for under the blue sign that says “Pre-reserved Pick-up.” The average time of pick-up from the time you check in online or contact a Roadrunner dispatcher is about 15-25 minutes.
- Another option is Phoenix Ride Share (Robert, the owner) 602-622-3031, he has shuttled folks to other Lynn Andrews events and around town for shopping and site seeing. He comes personally recommended by many of us. You can call ahead and give him your flight information and he will be there in time to pick you up. He will wait in cell phone lot for your call that you have your baggage and then drive on up to passenger loading. He will tell you what color car he is in and is usually there within 5-10 minutes of your call.
- Third option would be to rent a car at the Phoenix Airport and consider sharing the ride and cost with your fellow Kindred Spirit, you would need to coordinate this with each other. Either way, we want you to have enough time to arrive at the center, register settle in, and be ready for this wonderful event! It’s approximately a 1/2 hour drive from the airport to the Center. You can also arrive on Wednesday and stay overnight at the Franciscan Renewal Center for the early start on Thursday.
- Uber is an app on your phone that you download yourself. We are aware that the cost is approx $15 one way.
About The Franciscan Renewal Center
Rest for the Body and Renewal for the Soul
The Franciscan Renewal Center or “Casa de Paz y Bien” has existed since 1951 as a place for spiritual retreats, wellness, worship, healing and more. It predates the affluent Town of Paradise Valley with resorts, mansions, pools, paved roads, and all. That a dusty, former dude ranch would become a God-filled spiritual retreat centerand that the Franciscan friars grounded in vows of poverty would become surrounded by some of the area’s wealthiest residents speaks to nothing less than the astounding “coincidence of opposites;” that which unifies rather than divides.
What To Bring
We will be working on the land. We suggest you bring the following items:
- Your personal pipe, tobacco and matches or lighter (remember it can be windy)
- Altar items for your lodge altar (all items will go home with you)
- Sacred Vision Oracle Cards
- Drum and/or rattle
- A talking stick (Each Lodge should have one)
- Items for creating a sacred craft project: acrylic paints and brushes, a cloth napkin, fringe, ribbons, fabric glue, markers, other beads, little charms or trinkets that you may want to add to a box-based project and Sacred Herbs for tiny prayer bundles. 4 stones in the colors of the four directions. Tobacco, cornmeal, sage. Magazine or images that you can make a decoupage of spiritual tools or spiritual images. A tiny open shell, small red cloth, small feather.
- Large Red cotton cloth to wrap your finished project
- Notebook and writing tools
We will be in the desert in September, so it will be hot and dry! Historically, it is in the high 90’s to low 100’s during the day, and in the mid 70’s at night. Please dress accordingly!
You should also bring:
- Cushion or mat to sit and lie down on (you will be both inside and out)
- Sunscreen, and Lip Protector; Insect Repellent with DEET
- Flashlight; A Compass; Water bottle or canteen
- Hat, small carrying pack, sunglasses and sunscreen
- Layered clothing as described above; Enclosed walking shoes and socks
- A dress or skirt and a shawl with fringe for ceremony, any color; appropriateclothing for men for ceremony.
Please note: If there are additional items you need to bring, we will let you know by e-mail or through your Lodge Chief as we get closer to the event.
What Not To Bring
Please leave valuables at home. No pets are allowed. Please honor Lynn’s wishes not to tape record or photograph any of the sessions or ceremonies of the event. You may take personal photographs outside of the sessions, of course. Fires are not allowed on site without a permit. Smoking is not permitted in any of the rooms. Please refrain from lighting candles or incense in your room; battery powered tea lights are a nice substitute. You will have to pay air-cleaning of the room if you light materials in your room.
Attention New Kindred Spirit Members and any Kindred Spirit who has not yet presented your Self Manifestation Wheel:
As Kindred Spirits, we have the honor of supporting each of you on this new part of your Journey of Heart. We are no longer apprentices in the Mystery School, and we all stand with you, equidistant from the center of our Circle. Your first gathering with us in our KS Circle is a unique opportunity for you to present yourself as a Shaman Woman or Man of Power by introducing yourself to us through your Self Manifestation Wheel. All of the information you need about this is available in your “Kindred Spirits Manual.” As you begin your work on this Wheel now, stalking and circling in order to narrow your focus on the truth of who you are now as a Shaman in the world and in our beautiful Circle, know that we are already holding you, sending you energy and love. Your Wheel is your pronouncement of you, an incredible way for all of us to meet you as you stand today balanced in your own Wheel, a fully manifested being. Create your Self-Manifestation fetishes now to help you clarify and energize the essence of your journey on this Path of Heart!
You will want everyone to see your beautiful Wheel as you present it, as we share our wheels with each other. Traditionally we use an overhead projector for this, and invite you to do the same. Please bring your current Self-Manifestation Wheel copied onto an 8 1/2″ x 11” transparency. You can either prepare your manifestation wheel on the computer or use a piece of paper and draw your Self Manifestation Wheel. Take this to Staples, FedEx Office locations and they can transfer it to a 8 1/2″ x 11” transparency . If you find that difficult, just present the wheel in a way that works for you, i.e., poster board, etc.
Please check with your Lodge Chief to see if you need anything specific for your Lodge work and altars. We look forward to our time together and to working in such an intimate group at this very magical place.
About the Accommodations
We will gather and stay at the Franciscan Renewal Center 5802 E. Lincoln Drive, Scottsdale AZ 85253. Phone: 408-948-7460. Please do not contact the property regarding food, room requests etc. All of these kinds of requests go though firstname.lastname@example.org
The all-inclusive room rates for 4 days 3 night (Thursday night through Sunday noon) which includes three meals daily (Dinner only on Thursday). If you decide to arrive on Wednesday evening, dinner is included if you arrive by 6:00 pm.
Cost with Food Per Person
Weds Extra Night
|Day||Breakfast $11||Lunch $14||Dinner $17||Meals are served at specific times|
|Wed||not included||not included||included||dinner is included if you arrive by 6:00 pm|
|Thursday||not included||not included||included||Event Starts at noon|
|Sunday||included||included||not included||Event ends at noon.
*You must check out on Sunday.
Meals Chart: Please use this chart when requesting when requesting additional meals with the registrar. We need to know which meals on which day you require. All meals must be paid for prior to arrival.
- Be sure to fill out the online registration information. Filling out the registration form lets us know you are attending, have received the registration information, and signed off on the event disclaimer.
- Mentors that attended JT 2018 and Staff : Please fill out the registration form. You will pay for your room and food; your event fee is complementary as a thank you for your beautiful service to Lynn and the Sisterhood.
- All reservations must be made through the LAP Registrar. Please do not contact the Franciscan Renewal Center to book your reservations.
- Please make your reservations by July 25th . A $200.00 deposit is required at the time of registration, if you are taking advantage of the payment plan option.
- Single rooms are very limited, they are assigned on a first come basis.
- A double room means two people will share one room, and each person will pay $55 per person, per night. If you are sharing a room with someone, please place their name in the field named “roommate”. If you do not have a roommate but wish to share a room, enter “please assign”. We will assign a roommate for you. If we are unable to locate a roommate for you or if your roommate is unable to attend, your rate will be increased to a single room rate fee. We will request these funds prior to arriving on site.
- If you are attending the event, but not staying on site and would like to enjoy meals on site, please use the meal chart shown above to indicate which meals on which days you require.
- All additional meals must be requested and paid for prior to arriving at the Franciscan by emailing the registrar with the additional meals you require. The Franciscan is unable to collect money directly from you.
- You must turn in your keys at the front desk by noon on the day of departure to avoid a late check-out fee of $75.00.
- If you need to cancel your lodging reservations prior to arrival, you must email email@example.com 48 hours in advance. Otherwise you will be invoiced 50% of the entire stay.
- On the day you check in, dinner is included if you check in by 6:00 pm. Room rates include three meals a day thereafter. On the day you check out, breakfast and lunch are included.
- The KS event fee is $595.
- Payment Plans – We will divide your fees into three payments (which includes the $200 deposit at the time of registration). Please complete the recurring payment option in order to take advantage of the payment plan. Example: You need to pay the Event Registration $595, and want a SINGLE Room $80 a night for 3 Nights$240, Thursday through Saturday night = $595 + $240 =$835. $835 – $200.00 deposit = $635/2 = $317.50 per payment. Payment 1: $200 due at time of registration, Payment 2: $317.50 due on 8/11/18 and Payment 3: $317.50 due on 9/7/18.
In Peace and Gratitude,
Registrar Lynn Andrews Productions, Inc.
Please Complete your Attendance Form Information Below
by July 25, 2018 so we may plan our gathering.